The past few months I have been spending some time on putting the finishing touch on the CDO Hibernate
is a distributed shared model framework for EMF
models providing distributed transactionality, persistence, queries etc.
The CDO Hibernate store combines the automatic object-relational mapping of Teneo
with the runtime object-relational mapping logic provided by Hibernate
The combination of Teneo and Hibernate gives the CDO user/developer the following advantages:
- Automatic Model-Relational Mapping (with manual overrides): Teneo takes care of automatic mapping of your model to a relation database schema. The relational database schema explicitly implements the domain model. The automatic mapping can be manually overridden using JPA annotations in the model or in a separate XML file. All JPA annotations (and several Hibernate extensions) are supported.
- Support for many databases: Hibernate provides superior runtime Object Relational Mapping to many different relational databases. We test with mysql and hsqldb but there are no known obstacles for using CDO on other databases supported by Hibernate.
- HQL: the CDO Hibernate store makes it possible to execute HQL queries on the client. The complete HQL syntax is supported (incl. joins, aggregations, functions, etc.).
The current status of the CDO Hibernate store:
- The store now passes all relevant testcases (more than 580 of them).
- The documentation has been completed and is available on the eclipse.org wiki..
- Example projects have been created to facilitate a quick-startup when using the store.
The tutorials are all supported by a set of example
projects which can be downloaded from cvs.